Thursday, 9 November 2017

Summer painting seamlesly devolving into beer and games

This is what I did for our club's Summer Painting Challenge (inspired by Curt's). Ran from late June till halfway September. I set myself 400 points to paint, although I felt 200 would have been more  realistic. In the end I ended up somewhere above 300 points, so setting the goal probably made me more productive than I'd otherwise been. That's a good thing I guess.


This was the main bit: a bunch of 18th century civilians, some scenery and goodies for scenarios and Frostgrave. And a bunch of farm and pack animals for the same purpose.



But I also finished a unit of British light infantry for AWI. This is them still glossy because I didn't get them sprayed with matt varnish before the received their baptism of fire.


Ten wargamers got together in September for a Wargame Beer and Game session, with me hosting Rens and Henny for a practice game of Sharp Practice 2, and seven other guys doing a Big Chain of Command game. Beautiful table!


And a very good dinner was had afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. My word you've been busy! Love those civilians and livestock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. That's three months of painting, but compared to some of the competition, my production was pathetic. I'm quite satisfied with the quality though

      Delete

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!