Sunday 31 March 2019

Gaming goals - March update



Of course, March looked like it would turn out as bleak as February...

And it did. Other, more important, stuff to do. But some bits happened:


Painting


I did make a start on a bunch of allied and German tanks for What A Tanker.


Also finished the King Tiger for the birthday boy. That will come in handy with future bouts of WaT!


Playing


The new 20mm tanks got an outing mid-March in unfinished state, but what the heck...



I also managed a game of Dux Brittanniarum. And thankfully, it was a win. I think I am getting the hang of not putting myself out unnecessarily exposed, and with two lucky card draws (an Evade to have my thegns retreat to safety from a flank charge by the Viking elite, followed by a Carpe Diem so I could charge my fyrd into the flank of the Viking elite with good effect) I reaped generous rewards.



And my WWII Italians had another but not very eventful night of Flames of War.

No boardgaming at all though!


Decluttering


And in mid March, also arrived the 7TV Apocalypse and Killer Rabbits kickstarters! So a net 'lead' pile growth (certainly in weight!)

And a boardgame I thought I had given away was returned to me.


Projects

No work done and won't be until June at least before action picks up again in general.

A little ray of light though, because in my non-gaming goals for this year, I have clocked over 800 km in bike rides for this year already. I'd set myself the goal of 3000 km as I just missed out on that one last year. Given that I hardly did any cycling in January and February in previous years, I am some way ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!