Sunday 1 September 2019

Gaming goals - August update

A good month, gaming wise.

Playing

Month started good with a brutal game of Gaslands... (note the excellent 3D printed terrain!)



Followed the next day by Chain of Command. My 20mm GIs were attacked by a reinforced platoon of 28mm Fallschirmjaeger, who seem to have a harder time advancing than defending.



Then there was a game of Muskets & Tomahawks, bringing out my FIW French to introduce a club mate to the system. Mission accomplished there.



And a game of Dux, hotly contested and narrowly lost, but that proved a phyrric victory for the other Saxons.



There was some board gaming, with my 20th game of Blood Rage the most notable.


Painting

I was trying to get some projects to finish before I embark on the 1672 painting project. So there were the CV33 Italian tankettes and the monks to give spiritual guidance to my late Anglo-Saxons.


And the last few Prussians that belonged to the lot that I sold earlier this year.


And then I finished a bunch of 1:72 tanks and M3(A1) halftracks for the Chain of Command and What a Tanker forces.




Decluttering

Not really, eh? Although those Prussians will leave the house at some point.


Projects

Chain of Command is going to turn into a pint sized campaign (29th, Let's Go! in commemoration of D-Day). Although I have quite a few support options already, in these pint-sized campaigns the support options can be quite specific, so I have ordered some additional men and materiel.

And the 1672 miniatures have arrived (plus some books...) offering me the opportunity to join the ranks of Turenne! First goal: four units this year and another before a first demo game in February of Sharp Practice tuned to the 1672 period.


But I also need to get back to the Big Project, so that limits my hobby time for September. This may have been the high point of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!